All notable changes to this project will be documented in this file.
The format is based on Keep a Changelog, and this project adheres to Semantic Versioning.
- Handled breaking changes relating to Business Central 2023 Wave 1
- Upgraded to BC version 18 and switched to permission set objects. Included an upgrade codeunit to handle assignments
- Added support for item references
- Enhanced the item transformations to print batch labels when posting if configured to do so in advanced production setup
- Added functionality to suggest item transformation setup when a new scenario gets entered on the item transformation line
- Added a new feature - Item Transformations. This feature allows you to transfer or convert one item to another without creating a production order/assembly order or making positive and negative adjustments. You can read more about this here.
- Default General Business Posting group in the job journal batch allows certain types of usage to use different posting setups
- Default General Business Posting group in the item journal batch allows certain adjustments to use different posting setups.
- Default Entry Type in Item Journal Batch is copied to Item Journals.
- Lot Attributes that can get configured and assigned to lot information. You can set up Default Lot Attributes against items and item categories, and the values can get assigned automatically from the item ledger entries.
- Label printing enhancements:
- Formatting attribute values that hold a date value
- Ability to specify the total area, total length, total cubage, total weight
- Advanced Production Setup:
- Ability to specify the rounding precision for the quantity on production order lines. This is useful when families are refreshed and do not create whole numbers.
- Allow families with zero quantity lines to support scenarios where items in a family are not the targeted item and are not planned by default.
- Include negative component lines in standard cost rollup - this allows byproducts to get included in the costing
- Allow editing of expected quantity in Production Order Components
- Allow the capture of production output and automate the creation of lot numbers. You can either do this on a card-type page for one production order line or a worksheet that has multiple production order lines
- Added Label printing functionality that allows you to import a template in ZPL/DPL with tokens that get replaced with values from the actual entries. Printing is handled through Print Node by default.
- Security to control who is allowed to finish production orders since there is no way to reopen one after finishing it.
- Auto Create Bar Codes from the GTIN field on the Item table - a once off batch job to update existing items.